Developing and growing an engaged social media following is difficult. It takes time and perseverance to find and interact with people who then know, like, and trust you.
Follow these best practices to cut out the trial and error. They’ll put you on a reliable track towards growing a stellar social media reputation.
Put Your Best Foot Forward
People are going to make their mind up about you quickly, so give them all the information they’ll need to make a positive judgement.
- Make sure your profile accurately represents you
- Include a professional looking headshot
- Incorporate your experience into your profile
- Remove any unprofessional photos or content
- Showcase how you may have helped others in the past
- ….but don’t brag!
Post the Right Content
What you share is a representation of you as a person, and of your business. Make sure it’s the right content.
- Focus on engagement before promotion
- Make sure all your content is positive
- Keep content focused on your target market
- Invite engagement
- Respond quickly to any interaction
- Respond appropriately, but not defensively, to negative interaction
- Be active and consistent in posting
- Don’t post content that could be misinterpreted
- Remember that any views in curated content could be interpreted as your own – make sure they’re from reliable sources
- Make sure everything you post is ‘on-brand’
- Keep all content relevant
- Learn why your audience is most active and post during those times
- Schedule content in advance to keep and maintain consistency
Generate Opportunities for Interaction
You’d be surprised at how often people are actively looking for what you’re offering. Give them the opportunity to find and interact with you.
- Create active groups to share information
- Offer no-strings-attached assistance outside of your existing network
- Find where your ideal audience is and go to them
- Use social ads to spread the word about your business
- Connect with others in your industry and see how you can collaborate
- Create contests or giveaways to generate buzz
- Create shareable content to put out there with your name
- Listen to and meet the needs of your market
- Post engaging content that encourages interaction
- Invite your audience to discuss and provide their own opinions
I know this can all be overwhelming, yet I am here to help! I want to invite you to join my next Master Your Coaching Biz 12-week Bootcamp that starts next week, where you will learn my step-by-step system designed specifically to help you consistently attract your ideal clients and build your DREAM business.
Click here for more details.